In this episode, we are joined by Bruce Kirkby, the author of the new book Blue Sky Kingdom. Blue Sky Kingdom is the epic journey he took with his family. The journey was the ultimate unplug. They traveled from their home in Canada to the Himalayas of Northern India where he and his family lived at a Buddhist Monastery. Bruce shares the wisdom he learned and how acceptance and sincere attention to his child are the greatest gifts.
Parents of a child with Autism are often focused on fixing their child. What Bruce’s journey affirmed was that the best way that we as parents can show up for our children is through the attention we give them.
Bruce’s story of acceptance, the love of time together, and disconnection from distractions is filled with valuable insights that we know will help you in your own journey.
Stay tuned to learn more about their exciting adventure!
- The journey it took to write this book (02:11)
- Bruce’s lightbulb moment (04:55)
- Jumping into one of our dreams (09:15)
- Bodi’s connection to the Buddhist monastery (10:22)
- Explaining a Zanskar social construct (14:30)
- Development must go in both directions (18:32)
- A child’s early years are hugely impactful (23:15)
- Making travel a more pleasant experience for a child with sensory issues (30:30)
- How life has changed since this trip (37:10)
Blue Sky Kingdom is available here
For more about Bruce Kirby
Are You Running On All Cylinders? Get your FREE Warrior Parent Score
To learn more about Cass & Len, visit www.autismparentingsecrets.com
Be sure to follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/warriorparentcoaching/
Check it out…Autism Parenting Secrets is number 12 on the Top 20 Autism Podcasts by Feedspot👉 https://blog.feedspot.com/autism_podcasts/